12 Strategies to Increase Your LuckJan 22, 2022
Do you ever feel like you can’t get what you want in life? Other people always seem to be luckier than you? Do you think that you are either born lucky or not? If so, you are in the right place.
So, grab yourself a glass of water. And, make sure you have a pen and paper handy, so you are ready to take notes! In the next few minutes, I will be revealing to you …
12 Strategies to Increase Your Luck
So, can you create your own luck in life? Or do you have to be born on the lucky side of the track?
Well, both history and research shows that you can create your luck. In fact, there are definite traits that define those that consider themselves to be lucky, and those that do not.
I wasn’t born lucky. My father left my mother just before I was born. He had already started a new relationship. My mother was quite young, still in school, and had no desire to be a mother. At least, as she puts it, not a single mom. She didn’t really like children, but she liked the idea of starting a family. Then, growing up, I was frazzled by my mom’s decision to leave decisions up to the flip of a coin. Despite my protests that it was not a fair way to make decisions, I continued for years to lose every single coin toss.
Yet, I am one of the luckiest people I know today. Where did that come from? I certainly wasn’t born lucky. But I know exactly what it takes to create luck. And I want to show you how so you can generate your own luck as well.
But I have to warn you, it requires some degree of effort on your part. I might even dare to say that it requires daily consistent action. That’s not to say that it will be hard. In fact, I adhere to the least effort principle. Not no effort mind you, but the least amount of effort you are willing to put in, as long as you do it consistently every single day.
If you want to increase your luck, you aren’t alone. Have you ever noticed an athlete with lucky socks, or a lucky routine they perform before every game? Many people think of it in terms of superstition. They do things not to jinx their luck.
Anyone can increase the amount of luck they experience in life. You might think, “wait a minute, that’s not creating luck, that’s just placing yourself in a better position to create and notice useful opportunities and circumstances!” And you would be right. But what is really the difference? If the outcome is more luck in your life, then, isn’t that the same as creating luck in your life?
Being luckier is mostly a state of mind. And for those of us who consider themselves to be lucky, it’s a pleasant experience!
Here are twelve strategies to increase the amount of luck in your life:
- Expect good things to happen. You tend to receive what you expect. Or, put in other words, you tend to get more of what you choose to focus on. So if your mind is focused on expectation of good things, your perception will be increased good things happening to you. And while your brain might not have a magical ability to influence your environment. It does have the ability to make you notice more of what it is that you are choosing to focus on. You become better at noticing the things that you think about. Have you ever bought a car and then suddenly noticed the same make and model just about everywhere? It’s a little alarming because you never noticed how many of these cars were on the road before the purchase. Before your mind decided it was important to bring it to your awareness. In the same way, the more you focus on the positive events, the more you’ll notice them. And it makes sense that you can really only take advantage of the opportunities you notice. Right?
- Be clear on what you want. You cannot increase your luck if you don’t know what it is that you want. But, even if you do think you know what you want, clarity is about precision. You might have asked the Universe for more money and not thought yourself too lucky when you found a few pennies on the sidewalk. The universe has a way of bringing to you what you desire. But you have to be clear on what it is that you want. The Universe cannot give you what you are not clear about wanting. And when you are clear, you increase your awareness of opportunities that match that desire. You increase the odds of experiencing more good luck.
- Trust your Intuition. We’ve all experienced little hunches that tell us to turn left instead of right. Or to bring an umbrella on a sunny day. And if you are present to those hunches, when they happen, you might even find yourself arguing with their logic. Don’t! Trust those cues and follow them. The more you listen, the more you will feel life is trying to help you navigate your life. And you will feel a whole lot luckier at where those gut feelings lead you.
- Increase your odds of noticing opportunities. We all get opportunities to be, do, have, experience or express what it is that we are here to do. There are many great opportunities available to everyone. But many people simply are not aware and miss out on these opportunities. The key is to be involved in life so that you learn to recognize the opportunities when they come your way. You want to be a full participant in your life. Static or stagnant environments - what we might consider comfortable - don’t have much luck to offer. You greatly decrease your chances of being lucky while sitting on your couch. So, get out in the world and engage fully.
- Be present. If you’re busy daydreaming, worrying about the future, or regretting the past, you’ll probably miss out on many opportunities to be lucky. Practicing meditation, and even improv, are great way to bring yourself back to the present moment and notice all that life has to offer.
- Minimize stress. Either get a handle on the people and things that are creating stress in your life or enhance your ability to deal with them successfully. Again, meditation is a great way to let go of the things that are not in the present moment. There is no stress in the present, nor when you tune inward and practice simply being. Stress happens when you project outward, either experiences from the past, or concerns for the future. And while you are in stress mode, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to see the lucky opportunities around you.
- Activate curiosity. Choose to be lucky and then put on your detective hat to measure your success. Create a found money jar and make a decision that you are going to find money. Place all the money you find in that jar over the next year. Be sure to place that jar in a place you can see it every day. And visualize yourself finding money and placing your loot in that jar. Keep track of how much money you find. You might just be surprised by your luck. And as always, it’s not what you know, but what you implement in your life that makes all the difference, so try it out, and be curious about where you will find your next dollar bill. But don’t limit yourself to a money jar. Keep a journal and record all the luck that came your way each day. Luck is much like gratitude. And what you focus on grows.
- Work hard. The harder you work, the luckier you get. I can’t tell you how often I have said this one in my life. I can honestly say that it’s true, the harder I work, the luckier I get! If you consistently spend 2 hours each day working on your dream future life, you’ll be much further ahead than someone who chooses to sit on the couch. The luckiest people in the world usually put in more time and effort into their dreams and goals.
- Keeping learning. We are here to increase our experience and learn as much as we can learn. It’s called growth. A tree, in nature, is either growing or dying. I think it’s the same with us. We have to continue to grow. And while you may have reached your full height, you haven’t reached your absolute best self. Luck grows alongside the knowledge you acquire. The more you know, the more likely you are to notice the opportunities that cross your path. But don’t go on wild information binging without taking action. You want to participate fully in your life. It’s not what you know, in the end, but the knowledge that you apply in your life that makes all the difference.
“It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus
- Be generous. When you do things for others, you’ll find your life fills with even more opportunities. Be generous with your time and wealth. I can tell you that my luck has greatly increased just from making sure that I donate to charities I care about every month.
- Don’t focus on the bad. It only takes a little amount of bad luck to derail a positive attitude. And positivity is really important to receiving good luck. Something might not have turned out the way you’d like, and even if it seems to be unlucky, there might still be lucky factors in it. So rather than dwelling on the negative aspects, learn from it, make the best of it, and move on. Continue to focus on the luck you do have in your life.
- Be positive. Good things are more likely to happen if you have a positive attitude. After all, we always get more of what we choose to focus on. If you expect to fail, you are not likely to give it your best effort, if you even try at all. And if you don’t try, nothing good can happen. Remember that a positive attitude attracts luck, and a negative attitude chases luck away.
If it sound silly to suggest that you can increase the amount of good luck you experience in your life, consider the many studies done on the subject. Lucky people share consistent similarities. Just as there are several similarities between unlucky people.
Luck might be largely random, but there are ways to give yourself more opportunity to be lucky. It is all about the way you choose to perceive the world – the people, situations and events around you. You really can become luckier if you apply the strategies I shared with you.
Now it's your turn! Share your experience with luck in the comments! Someone else is dealing with the same thing you are. Let's support each other on the journey.
Your journey continues every day. That's why I create these trainings. We have to take the time to reconnect to ourselves and remind ourselves of who we are, our innermost desires and longings and then step boldly forward to make an impact out in the world.
It matters. Because YOU matter.
You are worthy of taking up space and living an extraordinary life. Someone is waiting for you to live out your purpose because when you do, you give them the permission they need to do it also.
An extraordinary life is not for the few "lucky" individuals - it is for YOU. That's why you are here right now. You know deep down in your heart that it's for you. So don't limit yourself by thinking that you have to be perfect or have everything figured before you can start taking action towards the life you truly want. You can take an imperfect and messy step forward right now. You are worth it.
If any of this resonates with you, if you want help to figure things out, and you are ready to invest in yourself, let's talk. Click the link below to schedule a complimentary transformation session with me. Let's connect and work together to figure out the highest possibility for your life.
Make the time. Take the step. Reach forward. Schedule a call.
I look forward to connecting with you.
Is there something holding you back? Do you feel stuck, ashamed, unlovable, unworthy or depressed? Do you long to transform your life and create what you truly desire most?
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list and be the first to know about new events and workshops!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.