7 Tips to Find Your Unique Voice!
Jul 13, 2021
Do you lack trust in yourself, your skills or abilities? Are you still trying to figure out your path, gift or talents? Then this video blog is for you!
It’s not easy to stand out and reveal yourself to the world. It’s more likely that you learned early in life that it’s better to blend in or fit in. You might have been told not to be so loud or to seek so much attention. I some cases, standing out might have resulted in bullying and teasing. And even though many of these relationship dynamics change when you reach adulthood, it can be challenging to let go of the lessons learned early in life.
Yet, you have to find a way because the world needs your uniqueness. And, to be perfectly honest, you will not find the inner peace you seek until you trust in yourself and the gift that only you have to bring to the world.
Do you know what that gift is yet? Do you trust yourself to follow your path? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
It’s impossible to find satisfaction in a life where you are pretending to be other than who you really are. But you also have to trust that who you are and where you are, is precisely who and where you need to be.
So, here are 7 tips to help you find your unique voice:
- Understand that everyone is trying to fit in. We all have an innate desire to fit in with the crowd. So much so that people will agree with something they know to be absolutely wrong, just so they do not stand out from the others in the group. It’s not comfortable to stand out. But that place of discomfort is where you’ll find the most success and satisfaction. To live a life worthy of you, you have to be willing to put yourself out there. Are you ready to give yourself that permission? Share in the comments below.
- Dare to be unique. In general, people are respected for their courage to express their uniqueness. Think about the people you know that are willing to be themselves regardless of the circumstances. We are naturally attracted to people who feel good in their own skin. There is something about those people that we love, feel comfortable around and want to emanate. Are you ok with what makes you unique?
- Identify what’s unique about you. Continue to ask questions to get to the root of who you are here to be, do, have, create, express or experience. Questions like: What do you absolutely love to do? Is there something that when you are doing it, time just flies by? What are you naturally skilled at doing? What are your natural gifts and talents? Or what do you have to work a little harder than most but really love the process involved? What is unique about you? What can you bring to the world that seems to be missing or in short supply? How are you different from others? And how can you use those differences in your favour? Again, share what comes up for you in the comments below.
- Start from where you are now. Find ways to show yourself to the world that isn’t too uncomfortable. You will naturally become more visible as you get more comfortable with the process. You might love to paint, but you fear people criticizing your work. Then you could start by posting your artwork anonymously online. Or you might try to ask a local business like a restaurant or a doctor’s office to hang your pieces. Look for ways that you can begin exposing yourself to the world slowly and comfortably. One way to show your individuality is just to share your opinions when appropriate. So, look for opportunities to share freely. And when the moment arises, speak up. Are there situations you know you are stifling your voice? Share in the comments.
- Focus on the positive. Finding your unique voice won’t happen overnight. But when you notice results from taking your first steps, keep your focus on the positive. Give yourself permission to enjoy the compliments. Soak them in. And realize that any criticism doesn’t really mean anything. Those are simply not your people – the people you are meant to impact - our circle of influence. The more you can focus on the positive, the easier it will be to take larger steps forward. Do you find it hard to focus on the positive? Do you tend to dwell on the negative? Share where you are on your journey right now. It is all part of giving yourself permission to be seen and heard.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people. There are always people out there trying to do the same thing you are. We all need support, and finding people who are working on the same things you are helps create accountability, expand your perspective and mirror back to you aspects you might not see or acknowledge. You will feel a strong sense of purpose when you are part of a community that helps you express your uniqueness. Do you currently have a community where you feel a sense of belonging and connection and support you right now? What can you do to find one today?
- Keep growing. In nature, it is said that things are either growing or dying. If you are not growing, then you are in the process of dying. You don’t have to push against the flow of the river or burn out. Finding your voice should be energizing. So keep moving forward. Keep taking action. Create momentum. And notice what gives you energy and what drains your energy. Do more of what refuels you and less of what strips you of fuel. You don’t have to go fast to end up someplace that makes you feel freer and more alive. You simply need to keep moving. Sometimes comfort is the enemy of progress. You want to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. How are you with discomfort? Can you tolerate some discomfort, or do you tend to run back to your comfort zone?
The world needs your best self to express itself, so continually seek new ways to express your uniqueness in a bigger and better way.
While we fear standing out, we also usually admire those willing to be themselves and be seen as they are. The few that are brave enough to present themselves authentically to the world are usually the ones who are valued and respected.
You can be one of those people. Remember that courage is not the absence of fear. It is doing it despite the fear. Take a deep breath, then step forward boldly. Share your talents, gifts and all of your weirdness and quirks. The world needs you.
You can start right now. Dare to be seen by sharing a bit about yourself in the comments below. I would love to hear from you.
The journey continues every day. That’s why I create these trainings. We have to make the time to reconnect to ourselves and remind ourselves of who we are. We have to live out what we are here to be, do, have, create, express or experience.
It matters. Because you matter.
Live. Love. Laugh. Because it really does matter.
Ps. If you want to continue the journey with me, sign up to Authentically You! to cultivate the courage and confidence to be your true self and create a life beyond your wildest dreams.
I only offer this opportunity to connect with me and a small group of people twice a year. So click the link below for more details.
>> Click here to find out more about Authentically You! <<